Rajma and chapathi is one of the loved weekend menus in my house. I have always wondered why choley (channa masala) was more popular as I found rajma to be tastier. Hope you enjoy this recipe passed on from my mom.
Rajma (Kidney Beans) - 1cup
Onion- 2 medium sized
Tomato- 1 medium sized
Ginger- 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala- 1/2 tsp
Oil- 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Corriander to garnish
1. Soak the kidney beans overnight in water.
2. Pressure cook the beans with salt and water
3. Heat a 1tbsp oil in a pan
4. Cut the onions in big slices and lightly fry them in oil (this will remove the raw smell of onions).
5. Add the tomatoes and cook them. Leave this mixture to cool.
6. Grind the onions and tomatoes into a fine paste.
7. Heat 1tbsp oil in a pan and add ginger, the ground paste and garam masala into it. Keep the heat at medium low and let oil ooze out of the mixture.
8. Add the kidney beans and some more salt (if required).
9. Garnish with some finely chopped corriander leaves.