Flour - 1 1/2 cupsSugar - 1 cup
Butter - 1 stick
Eggs - 2
Baking powder - 1/4 tsp
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
Lemon zest grated - 2 tbsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice - 6 tbsp
Buttermilk - 12 tbsp
Vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
Raisins - 1/4 cup
For the glaze:
Confectioners sugar - 1 cup
Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
- Sugar butter mix: Cream the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy. Slowly add the eggs one at a time and then add the lemon zest too. Keep it aside.
- Flour mix: Sift together flour,baking powder and the baking soda and salt and keep it aside.
- Lemon buttermilk mix:Combine lemon juice,buttermilk and the vanilla extract and keep it aside.
- Add flour and lemon buttermilk mix to the sugar butter mixture alternatively beginning and ending with flour. Add raisins and gently mix.
- Heat the oven to 350 deg. and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, checking on and off.
- Once the cake is done, allow it to cool.
- For the glaze, mix confectioners sugar and the lemon juice until smooth and pour it on the cake and allow it to fall over.