Vegetables - 1 cup chopped (you can use ladies finger as used here, ash gourd, yam, aravi, red pumpkin)
Whole coriander - 1/2 tsp
Tuvar dal - 1/2 tsp
Methi seeds - 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Green chillies - 2 or 3
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Whipped buttermilk - 2 cups
Coconut - 1/2 cup
- Boil the vegetables with salt and turmeric. Water should just cover the vegetables.
- Soak Tuvar dal and whole coriander for half hour.
- Grind coconut with soaked tuvar dal,whole coriander and green chillies to a fine paste.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add the ground coconut mixture. Allow it to just boil.
- Add the thick buttermilk to it and keep in very low heat.
- Switch off the heat within 2 to 3 minutes of adding buttermilk, else it will curdle.
- Temper with mustard seeds and methi seeds.
- Add curry leaves and ur tasty mor kozhambu is ready.