Tuesday, February 16, 2010
I made this lava cake on Valentines day. My husband and daughter loved it.
This recipe is from the nibbles website.
Serving size 4
* 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
* 4 large eggs
* ½ pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, chopped
* 4 tablespoons unbleached all-
* ½ cup sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* Whipped cream for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease eight 4-ounce cake molds or ramekins.
2. Over a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter, stirring constantly. Once they are completely melted, set aside and cool.
3. Combine the sugar and eggs and whisk until pale and fluffy. Stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until completely blended. Whisk in the flour , Vanilla extract and mix well.
4. Pour the batter into the cake molds and bake for 13 minutes at 350°F.
5. Remove the lava cakes from the oven and cool for 2 minutes. Run a knife around the edges, invert the molds onto individual dessert plates, garnish with whipped cream and ice cream.