Monday, August 21, 2017

A cup of piping hot coffee in chennai even during peak summer ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œare you kidding?.

Born and brought up in Mylapore, Chennai, a hot cup of filter coffee is an integral part of our daily life.    My mother prepares the excellent coffee with the first thick decoction from the traditional coffee filter.  Everything is prepared fresh in the morning. The first aroma of the boiling water getting mixed with the coffee powder in the coffee filter  is divine and can be smelt a couple of houses away.    Fresh milk (not Aavin) used to be brought to the door step by the milk man as early as 5 a.m. Hence, the first coffee of the morning is so special with fresh milk and fresh decoction.  Later, during the day, it gets diluted and depends on visitors too ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ.

Once in three days, coffee powder is bought from Narasus who freshly grind 'Pea berry and Plantation 'A' in certain proportions as desired by customers.  The proportion of these berries are very important to get the authentic rich flavor.  Sometimes a little chicory is added to give thickness.  Not to forget  those days, when we used to buy raw coffee beans, roast in Kadai and grind fresh everyday ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ. It was a small grinder, quick and easy.

Nobody would ask ' tandaa or garam' to guests who visit home.   By default it would be filter coffee in the traditional Davara ( a small catori) and tumbler at any time of the day.

Mmmmm, those were the days of filter coffee, now getting diluted in 'latte and espresso'

Off I go to get a cup of hot coffee, of course FILTER COFFEE ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€





5 comments:

  1. Keep up the great work, I read few content on this website and I think that your site is
    real interesting and has circles of good information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from Carolina! I'm bored to tears at work so
    I decided to browse your website on my iphone during lunch
    break. I enjoy the info you provide here and can't wait to take a look when I get
    home. I'm amazed at how quick your blog loaded on my cell phone ..
    I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, awesome site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awsome post and straight to the point. I am not sure if this is actually the best place to ask but do you people
    have any thoughts on where to employ some professional writers?
    Thx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really loving the theme/design of your weblog. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility
    problems? A small number of my blog visitors have complained about my website not operating correctly in Explorer but
    looks great in Safari. Do you have any tips to help fix this problem?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the site. Hope you enjoyed the blogs. Your comments are most welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails